Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Concert at Old Church and Other Adventures

Since it is Wednesday again, I rode MAX into Portland for the weekly free concert at Old Church near the central library. It was a mixture of contemporary and classical piano and guitar pieces. Not bad for the price.

Oldest church in Portland

Church bathroom fixtures I liked.

Crazy people doing windows overhead caught my eye

After the concert I found my way to the local haberdashery shoppe and was milling around, feasting my eyes on all the nice things when lo and behold who should walk in but the lord of nerdy cooking and editor of Cook's Illustrated, Chris Kimball!!! The nice shop lady took our photo.

We both like hats, and cooking

While in town, I was able to meet up with my little brother and go on a longish hike around the posh, terraced neighborhoods above NW 23rd Street. It really is amazing how much UP you can do in the "west hills" (a.k.a. Tualatin Mountains). You don't notice until you walk it all.

Fancy pumpkin carving! (Micah, for scale, is 6'4")

Even the stairs are green in Portland

HOW many more steps?

Forest Park find en route to Pittock Mansion


No comments:

Post a Comment