Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

I had a lot of fun baking and cooking with my girlfriend this weekend! On Tuesday night I started a sponge for the Rustic Country Bread pictured below. I finished it Wednesday just in time for Andrea to taste after she passed her endocrine exam.

Isn't it Rustic!

Then on Thursday we finished the Sage Stuffing, two types of cranberry relish, a turkey, kale with panfried walnuts, sweet potato coins, gravy, and mashed potatoes. For dessert, we tried Trader Joe's pumpkin cheesecake (decadent!).

Sage Stuffing

Full-on gourmet dinner

To burn all that off, we walked around in the woods. Well, by Saturday we'd managed to get off our keesters. We took Kaaren and Chi to hike on the Banks-Vernonia trail. I think Chili will sleep the rest of the weekend.


Andrea was trying our new camera's zoom.

Oh, you didn't need your pillow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment