Monday, June 28, 2010

Baseball game at PGE Park: Beavers vs Grizzlies



Andrea and I went to see a minor-league baseball game at PGE Park in Portland on Friday with a couple of her classmates from Pacific. The Portland Beavers played Fresno's Grizzlies. It was a balmy evening with not a cloud to be seen in the sky. The concessions stands had a "dollar dog" special so we grabbed a couple and found our seats. The stadium was pretty empty when we arrived (the Beavers are playing their last season: PGE Park is in the process of changing into a soccer stadium). The night kicked off with a cheerleader performance by the Aloha Warriors (local high school) and comic posturing from the Beaver mascot. Then a local talent performed the national anthem beautifully. It gave me goosebumps!

PGE Park baseball (sent from Andrea's phone)

I guess the Beavers are known for being "the losing-est team in the minors" and they didn't let us down... By the 7th they were down 4 runs and it was getting late so we left. Still, it was my first experience seeing a game and I think it was magical! We would've stayed, but I had to work Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment