Saturday, June 26, 2010

The week of Physiology

It's been a busy week in the PA school world. We had our first big exam this past Friday (yes, I passed) and I pretty much spent every waking minute studying physiology. The only way I can think of describing it is learning a semester's worth of material in 2 weeks and then taking a cumulative final. Plus doing homework and studying for other classes...hmmm. To aid in my understanding and memorization I found a physiology coloring book! It is very helpful when my brain is full and I still feel compelled to study. Kadie likes it because we can carry on a conversation whilst I am coloring.

some of these diagrams really saved my bacon on the test

Next week looks like this: start a new 2 week phys unit, trip to the Portland Art Museum for an exercise in observational skills, write-up several SOAP notes for clinical history class, do a bunch of homework in Evidence Based Medicine, and I have a shadowing rotation at the Essential Health Clinic one evening after school. Ya!

I have now been in school for one month, and I have to say that I definitely picked the best program! My teachers are amazingly dedicated. They stay late and take time out of their day when we have questions. It is simply a wonderful program.


No comments:

Post a Comment